Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's official, Domino is closed

I wailed, literally wailed, when I read that my absolute favorite home magazine, Domino, was closing its doors.

Like many of you, I don't get a lot of free time, so when I received my copy in the mail each month I'd save it on the dining room table and as soon as I had an hour to myself, pour a drink and hunker down to lose myself in the colorful pages and inspiration. While I adore Cook's Illustrated, Martha Stewart Living, and Yes! (my other subscriptions), only Domino had that "one hour vacation" excitement.
Best of luck to my homies at Domino. You'll be missed.

ps. here's a fascinating article on the closing of the magazine. It all boils down to ad sales, although I'd have gladly paid triple the subscription cost to keep receiving it. read the article

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Travesty. Pure travesty.